Mayo Medical Laboratories offers a series of online learning opportunities that are centered on the continued success of laboratory outreach programs.
These presentations focus on the challenges and best practices of outreach development. They also explore how laboratories can approach this crucial period of health care and diagnostic testing evolution.
Mayo Medical Laboratories outreach education offers a live quarterly forum event. The forums will be held four times throughout the year and will include an in-depth 45-minute presentation with a 15-minute question-and-answer session following. Clients can submit questions before the forum, via web chat during the event, or verbally via telephone following the presentation. For Primary Clients only
Presentations will be archived on the website within one month following the live forum date.
For emerging outreach topics or industry events, such as Hot Topics, visit Insights.
The intended audience of these programs includes hospital leadership, hospital laboratory administrators, managers, directors, pathologists, outreach personnel, and business development staff.
Outreach Education Modules
- Billing, Coding, and Payment Updates for 2018 (November 2017)
- Best Practices and Progressive Marketing for Laboratory Outreach Programs (August 2017)
- Outreach Is a Changing Game—Is It Time for a New Name? (May 2017)
- Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA): When CMS Gives You a Lemon (February 2017)
- Regulations and Rules: Keeping up with the Changes (November/December 2016)
- Laboratory Infrastructure: An Avenue to Outreach Growth (August/September 2016)
- Laboratory Outreach Data: Power in Numbers (June/July 2016)
- Laboratory Industry and Outreach Challenges: Working Differently, Working Together (April/May 2016)
- Laboratory Relevance: Shifting from Volume to Value (February-March 2016)
Leveraging the Laboratory
This annual comprehensive conference discusses the role of outreach in an effort to bring new forms of value to care-models and identifies the issues facing hospital leadership, physicians, and caregivers that are essential for laboratories to demonstrate value toward the total cost of care.
- Leveraging the Laboratory – Value Through Integration
September 11-12, 2017