Applied Techniques for Difficulties in Phlebotomy
Released: August 15, 2016
Expires: August 15, 2018
This comprehensive program is designed to supplement your hospital’s phlebotomy training and education. It focuses on the difficulties phlebotomists face while obtaining collections from a variety of patient populations and situations.
This accurate and relevant training is valuable to our phlebotomy staff. It also gives you the opportunity to share this up-to-date information with phlebotomists in your community.
After participating in this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the criteria predisposing patients as difficult collections
- Identify tools and techniques to aid in difficult phlebotomy collections
- Describe the acronym H.E.A.T. and how it applies to the skilled phlebotomist
- Define the importance of blood volume and weight in pediatric patients
- State the importance of continuing education and training of staff in maintaining competency