|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Chain of custody is recommended for this test. Chain-of-Custody Meconium Kit (Supply T653) is available upon request.
Container/Tube: Stool container (Supply T288)
Specimen Volume: 1 g (approximately 1 teaspoon)
1. Collect entire random meconium specimen.
2. Send specimen frozen. When refrigerated, a significant percentage of 6-MAM will convert to morphine in <24 hours.
1. For chain-of-custody information, see Chain-of-Custody Meconium Kit (Supply T653).
2. Specimen that arrives with a broken seal does not meet the chain-of-custody requirements.
3. The laboratory recommends sending chain-of-custody specimens by overnight shipment.
Grossly bloody reject; Pink OK
|Meconium||Frozen (preferred)||14 days|