|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Red top
Acceptable: Serum gel
Specimen Volume: 1 mL
1. Serum assay results are not valid on pregnant females and will not be run. If carrier screening for Tay-Sachs or Sandhoff disease is desired in a pregnant female and testing was not performed prior to pregnancy, refer to NAGR / Hexosaminidase A and Total, Leukocytes/Molecular Reflex or NAGW / Hexosaminidase A and Total Hexosaminidase, Leukocytes for testing on the patient or partner.
2. The recommended test for Tay-Sachs carrier screening (regardless of gender or pregnancy status) is NAGR / Hexosaminidase A and Total, Leukocytes/Molecular Reflex.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (Supply T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Neurology Test Request Form (T732) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/neurology-request-form.pdf)
3. Biochemical Genetics Patient Information (Supply T602) in Special Instructions.
Mild OK; Moderate/Gross OK
Mild OK; Gross OK
|Serum||Frozen (preferred)||30 days|