|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Whatman Protein Saver 903 Paper
Acceptable: Ahlstrom 226 Filter Paper and Blood Spot Collection Card (T493)
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. An alternative blood collection option for a patient >1 year of age is fingerstick.
2. Let blood dry on the filter paper at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
3. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
4. Do not stack wet specimens.
5. Keep specimen dry.
Additional Information: Provide a reason for referral with each specimen.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send 1 of the following forms with the specimen:
Biochemical Genetics Request Form (T439)
Neurology Test Request Form (T732) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/neurology-request-form.pdf)
3. Biochemical Genetics Patient Information (T602) in Special Instructions.
Blood spot specimen that shows serum rings or has multiple layers
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)||30 days|