NTX-Telopeptide, 24 Hour, Urine
NY State Approved Indicates the status of NY State approval and if the test is orderable for NY State clients.
1. An adjunct in the diagnosis of medical conditions associated with increased bone turnover
2. The differential diagnosis of osteomalacia versus osteoporosis
3. Identifying individuals with osteoporosis with elevated bone turnover and consequent increased risk for rapid disease progression
4. Prediction of bone densitometry response to antiresorptive therapy of osteoporosis
5. Monitoring and assessing effectiveness of therapy in patients treated for osteopenia, osteoporosis, Paget disease, or other disorders treated with antiresorptive therapy
6. An adjunct in monitoring response to other therapeutic intervention in diseases with increased bone turnover (eg, rickets, osteomalacia, hyperthyroidism)
Indications 3 through 5 have been endorsed by the Negotiated Rulemaking Committee of HCFA and are therefore federally reimbursed.
Profile Information A profile is a group of laboratory tests that are ordered and performed together under a single Mayo Test ID. Profile information lists the test performed, inclusive of the test fee, when a profile is ordered and includes reporting names and individual availability.
|Test ID||Reporting Name||Available Separately||Always Performed|
Special Instructions and Forms Describes specimen collection and preparation information, test algorithms, and other information pertinent to test. Also includes pertinent information and consent forms to be used when requesting a particular test
NTXUR: VITROS Competitive Chemiluminscence Immunoassay
NTXCT: Enzymatic Colorimetric Assay
Reporting Name A shorter/abbreviated version of the Published Name for a test; an abbreviated test name
Crosslinked N-telopeptide of Type I Collagen (NTX), Urine