Hematology and Hematopathology
- Communiqué: How to Interpret and Pursue an Abnormal Complete Blood Cell Count in Adults
- Hot Topic: Monitoring Monoclonal Gammopathies
- Mayo Clinic Video: Essential Thrombocythemia
- Mayo Clinic Video: Warfarin Genetic Test Study Results
- Mayo Clinic Video: Warfarin Sensitivity Genotype Test - Physician Application of Results
- Hot Topic: Red Cell Folate Testing - Unwarranted and Overutilized in the Era of Folic Acid Supplementation
- Hot Topic: Guidelines for Anticoagulation Therapy for Secondary Prevention After Deep Vein Thrombosis
Mayo Clinic Links
Questions or comments about our laboratory?
Comprehensive Hematopathology and Laboratory Hematology Services
Our goal is to provide the highest quality, comprehensive, diagnostic hematopathology and laboratory hematology services possible and to be recognized as leaders of our field. We go beyond comprehensive laboratory testing with unparalleled access to Mayo Clinic expertise.
Because we see patients every day, we can offer the benefit of multidisciplinary experts working together for the best patient outcome. Rather than offering random tests, our clinicians and laboratorians focus on maintaining high-quality, cost-effective, and efficient care by using algorithmic, evidence-based approaches that lead to correct diagnoses and treatment while minimizing unneeded testing.
Importantly, our hematopathology laboratories are managed by physicians with expert knowledge regarding the clinical implications of each test result, benefiting generalists and subspecialists with detailed interpretive reports. This is the Mayo Medical Laboratories difference.
Learn more about each laboratory: