IGH for B-Cell Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (B-CLL), Somatic Hypermutation Analysis
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
The following information is required:
1. Pertinent clinical history
2. Clinical or morphologic suspicion
3. Date of collection
4. Specimen source
Specimen must arrive within 72 hours of draw. Draw and package specimen as close to shipping time as possible.
Specimen Type: Peripheral blood
Container/Tube: Lavender top (EDTA) or yellow top (ACD solution B)
Specimen Volume: 3 mL
1. Invert several times to mix blood.
2. Send specimen in original tube.
3. Label specimen as blood.
1. Molecular Hematopathology Patient Information: B-Cell Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) for IGVH and/or TP53 Somatic Mutation Testing in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen (www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/hematopathology-request-form.pdf).
Mild OK; Gross reject
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
|Varies||Ambient (preferred)||72 hours|