KIT Asp816Val Mutation Analysis, Qualitative PCR
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
The following information is required:
1. Pertinent clinical history
2. Clinical or morphologic suspicion
3. Date of collection
4. Specimen source
1. Hematopathology Patient Information Sheet (Supply T676) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen (www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/hematopathology-request-form.pdf).
Specimen must arrive within 168 hours of collection.
Submit only 1 of the following specimens:
Specimen Type: Paraffin-embedded bone marrow aspirate clot
Container/Tube: Paraffin block
Specimen Stability Information: Ambient/Refrigerated
Specimen Type: Extracted DNA from blood or bone marrow
Container/Tube: 1.5- to 2-mL tube
Specimen Volume: Entire specimen
1. Label specimen as extracted DNA from blood or bone marrow
2. Indication volume and concentration of DNA
Specimen Stability Information: Refrigerated/Ambient
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
Extracted DNA from Blood or Bone Marrow: 50 mcL at 20 ng extracted DNA/mcL
Bone marrow biopsies, slides, or paraffin shavings
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.