|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
A total of 3 specimens are required to perform this profile; all 3 specimens must arrive within 72 hours of draw:
-Whole blood EDTA for A2F, HBEL, IEF
-Whole blood sodium heparin for P50*
-Normal shipping control: Whole blood sodium heparin for P50*
*Please note: If no sodium heparin patient or control specimens are received, the P50 test cannot be performed.
Container/Tube: Lavender top (EDTA) and green top (heparin)
EDTA: 5 mL
Heparin: 4 mL
1. Immediately refrigerate specimens after draw.
2. Send specimen in original tube. Do not aliquot.
3. Rubber band patient specimen and control vial together.
1. Patient's age and sex are required.
2. For information on thalassemias and appropriate test ordering, see Thalassemia Tests in Special Instructions.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (Supply T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. Thalassemia/Hemoglobinopathy Patient Information Sheet (Supply T358) is available in Special Instructions
3. Erythrocytosis Patient Information Sheet (Supply T694) is available in Special Instructions
Normal Shipping Control:
Container/Tube: Green top (heparin)
Specimen Volume: 4 mL
1. Draw a control specimen from a normal (healthy), unrelated, nonsmoking person at the same time as the patient.
2. Label clearly on outermost label normal control.
3. Immediately refrigerate specimen after draw.
4. Send specimen in original tube. Do not aliquot.
5. Rubber band patient specimen and control vial together.
Mild OK; Gross reject
|WB Sodium Heparin||Refrigerated||72 hours|
|Whole Blood EDTA||Refrigerated||72 hours|