Plasma Cell Proliferative Disorder (PCPD), FISH
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
Provide a reason for referral with each specimen. The laboratory will not reject testing if this information is not provided, but appropriate testing and interpretation may be compromised or delayed.
Container/Tube: Green top (sodium heparin)
Specimen Volume: 1-2 mL
1. Invert several times to mix bone marrow.
2. Other anticoagulants are not recommended and are harmful to the viability of the cells.
3. Advise Express Mail or equivalent if not on courier service.
Additional Information: Blood is acceptable.
1. Cytogenetics Hematologic FISH Panel Patient Information Sheet (Supply T603) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, submit a Cytogenetics Hematologic Disorders Request Form (Supply T607) with the specimen.
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
Note: No specimen should be rejected. If specimen not received at appropriate temperature or in wrong anticoagulant, include note to laboratory. If questions, contact laboratory.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
|Bone Marrow||Ambient (preferred)|