|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Container/Tube: Stool container (Supply T291)
Specimen Volume: Entire collection (48, 72, or 96 hour). 24-Hour collection is adequate if the collection volume is approximately 100 g.
1. Patient should be instructed to refrain from red meat and aspirin-containing medications for 3 days prior to, as well as during, specimen collection. Compliance should be indicated.
2. No barium, laxatives, or enemas may be used within 24 hours of starting the collection.
1. Length of collection period is required.
2. Specimens smaller than 100 g may not provide interpretable results.
3. Include a list of medications the patient is currently taking.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (Supply T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. If not ordering electronically, submit a Biochemical Genetics Request Form (Supply T439) with the specimen.
Specimen <10 grams
|Fecal||Frozen (preferred)||14 days|