NY State Approved Indicates the status of NY State approval and if the test is orderable for NY State clients.
Diagnosis and classification of carcinomas and lymphomas
Testing Algorithm Delineates situation(s) when tests are added to the initial order. This includes reflex and additional tests.
Includes pathology consultation charged separately.
Reporting Name A shorter/abbreviated version of the Published Name for a test; an abbreviated test name
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
This test is not an orderable test. Order test 5434 Hematopathology Consultation or test 5439 Surgical Pathology Consultation. The Consultant will determine the need for special stains.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
Clinical Information Discusses physiology, pathophysiology, and general clinical aspects, as they relate to a laboratory test
p40 is an antibody that recognizes the deltaNp63 isoform of p63. This isoform may exert an oncogenic effect and is selectively expressed in squamous cell carcinoma.
This test will be processed as a pathology consultation. An interpretation will be provided.
Clinical Reference Provides recommendations for further in-depth reading of a clinical nature
1. Travis WD, Brambilla E, Noguchi M, et al: Diagnosis of Lung Cancer in Small Biopsies and Cytology: Implications of the 2011 International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society Classification. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2012 Sep 12. (Epub ahead of print)
2. Nonaka D. A study of deltaNp63 expression in lung non-small cell carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol 2012;36(6):895-899
3. Pelosi G, Fabbri A, Bianchi F, et al: DeltaNp63 (p40) and thyroid transcription factor-1 immunoreactivity on small biopsies or cellblocks for typing non-small cell lung cancer: a novel two-hit, sparing-material approach. J Thorac Oncol 2012;7(2):281-290
4. Bishop JA, Teruya-Feldstein J, Westra WH et al: p40 (ΔNp63) is superior to p63 for the diagnosis of pulmonary squamous cell carcinoma. Mod Pathol 2012;25(3):405-415
5. Geddert H, Kiel S, Heep HJ, et al: The role of p63 and deltaNp63 (p40) protein expression and gene amplification in esophageal carcinogenesis. Hum Pathol 2003;34(9):850-856
Method Description Describes how the test is performed and provides a method-specific reference
Immunoperoxidase staining on sections of paraffin-embedded tissue. (Unpublished Mayo method)
Day(s) and Time(s) Test Performed Outlines the days and times the test is performed. This field reflects the day and time the sample must be in the testing laboratory to begin the testing process and includes any specimen preparation and processing time required before the test is performed. Some tests are listed as continuously performed, which means assays are performed several times during the day.
Monday through Friday
Analytic Time Defines the amount of time it takes the laboratory to setup and perform the test. This is defined in number of days. The shortest interval of time expressed is "same day/1 day," which means the results may be available the same day that the sample is received in the testing laboratory. One day means results are available 1 day after the sample is received in the laboratory.
Specimen Retention Time Outlines the length of time after testing that a specimen is kept in the laboratory before it is discarded
Performing Laboratory Location The location of the laboratory that performs the test
Test Classification Provides information regarding the medical device classification for laboratory test kits and reagents. Tests may be classified as cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and used per manufacturer's instructions, or as products that do not undergo full FDA review and approval, and are then labeled as an Analyte Specific Reagent (ASR), Investigation Use Only (IUO) product, or a Research Use Only (RUO) product.
This test uses a standard method. Its performance characteristics were determined by Mayo Clinic in a manner consistent with CLIA requirements.
CPT Code Information Provides guidance in determining the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code(s) information for each test or profile. The listed CPT codes reflect Mayo Medical Laboratories interpretation of CPT coding requirements. It is the responsibility of each laboratory to determine correct CPT codes to use for billing.
LOINC® Code Information Provides guidance in determining the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) values for the result codes returned for this test or profile.
|Result ID||Reporting Name||LOINC Code|
|61775||p40, Immunostain||In Process|