|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Testing begins with screening assays. If alcohol (ethanol) screen is positive, then the gas chromatography-flame ionization detector confirmation with quantification will be performed at an additional charge. If barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cocaine and metabolites, phencyclidine, or tetrahydrocannabinol metabolite screen is positive, then the gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) confirmation with quantification will be performed at an additional charge. Amphetamines and opiates that screen positive will be quantified with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) at an additional charge.
Submission Container/Tube: Plastic, 60-mL urine bottle
Specimen Volume: 30 mL
1. Collect a random urine specimen.
2. Submit 30 mL in 1 plastic bottle.
3. No preservative.
1. No specimen substitutions.
2. No STATS are accepted for this procedure.
3. For situations where chain of custody is required, a Chain-of-Custody Kit (T282) is available. For chain-of-custody information, see CDAUX / Drug Abuse Panel with Confirmation, Chain of Custody, Urine.
4. If urine creatinine is required or adulteration of the sample is suspected, the following test should be requested, ADULT / Adulterants Survey, Urine. For additional information, please refer to ADULT / Adulterants Survey, Urine.
5. Submitting less than 30 mL will compromise our ability to perform all necessary testing.
6. Additional drug panels and specific requests are available. Call Mayo Medical Laboratories at 800-533-1710 or 507-266-5700.
Forms: Chain-of-Custody Request Form is included in the Chain-of-Custody Kit (T282). A copy of this form is also available at http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/chain-of-custody-request-form.pdf.
|Urine||Refrigerated (preferred)||14 days|