|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
The following information is required:
1. Patient's date of birth
2. Name and telephone number of ordering physician
3. Pertinent clinical information
Container/Tube: Glass slides
Specimen Volume: Minimum of 4 slides with fat applied
1. Sterilize and anesthetize a small area of the anterior abdominal wall.
2. Aspirate subcutaneous fat through a large bore needle.
3. Apply the fat obtained in the syringe directly to a glass slide and crush with a second slide.
4. Air-dry the slides and send without fixative.
Additional Information: If you want Amyloid Protein ID/Mass Spec. order 82526 / Amyloid Protein Identification, Fat Aspirate, LC-MS/MS for specimen requirements.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen (www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/hematopathology-request-form.pdf).