|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
When this test is ordered, the reflex tests may be performed and charged. All aerobically growing bacteria submitted will be identified and billed as appropriate.
Specimen Type: Pure culture of organism from source cultured
Container/Tube: Sterile broth/culture media
Specimen Volume: Entire specimen
1. Isolate infecting bacteria.
2. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
3. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Isolate description is required including: Gram stain reaction, morphology, and tests performed.
3. If susceptibility testing is needed; also order ZMMLS Antimicrobial Susceptibility, Aerobic Bacteria, MIC. If susceptibilities are not appropriate, ZMMLS will be canceled at report time.
4. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).