|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen Type: Parasitic worms, insects, or mites
Container/Tube: Sterile container (10% formalin or 70% alcohol may be added if appropriate specimen type)
Specimen Volume: Entire specimen
1. For scabies, submit skin scrapings on glass microscope slide. Cover with a clean slide and fasten down to transport. Rubber bands work well. Transport slides in a clean, dry container.
2. Submit whole worms and worm segments in 70% alcohol or formalin.
3. Submit arthropods (ticks, lice, nits, bed bugs, etc) in a clean, dry container.
1. Specimen source and isolate description are required: morphology, tests performed, location of specimen, or other pertinent information.
2. Indicate reason for request.