|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Medical Neurogenetics collection kit (MML Supply T657) required.
Each collection kit contains 5 microcentrifuge tubes.
1) CSF should be collected from the first drop into the tubes in the numbered order. Fill each tube to the marked line with the required volumes
Tube 1: 0.5 mL
Tube 2: 0.5 mL
Tube 3: 1.0 mL (contains antioxidants necessary to protect the sample integrity)
Tube 4: 1.0 mL
Tube 5: 0.5 mL
- If sample's not blood contaminated, the tubes should be placed on dry ice at bedside
- If sample's are blood contaminated, the tubes should immediately be centrifuged (prior to freezing) and the clear CSF transferred to new similarly labeled tubes, then frozen
- Store samples at -80 until they can be shipped
2) Complete Medical Neurogenetics, LLC request form, marking the following three tests: Neurotransmitter Metabolites, Tetrahydrobiopterin and 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate. Also include sample date and date of birth.
3) Label tubes with patient name and ID number, leaving the tube number viewable.
4) Place samples inside a specimen transport bag and the Medical Neurogenetics, LLC request form inside the pouch of the transport bag.
5) Ship samples frozen on dry ice.
Specimens other than
CSF in special collection kit (MML supply T657)
Anticoagulants other than
Warm reject; Cold reject