|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
1. Baylor collection kit (MML Supply T612) required.
Each collection kit contains 5 microcentrifuge tubes
in a cardboard holder. Tube #3 contains antioxidants
necessary to protect the same integrity. One set of tubes
is required per patient.
1) CSF should be collected from the first drop into the tubes in
the numbered order. Fill each tube to the marked line with
the required volumes.
Tube 1: 0.5 mL
Tube 2: 0.5 mL
Tube 3: 1.0 mL (contains antioxidants necessary to protect
the sample integrity)
Tube 4: 1.0 mL
Tube 5: 0.5 mL
- If samples not blood contaminated should be placed on dry
ice at bedside
- If samples are blood contaminated, the tubes should immediately
be centrifuged (prior to freezing) and the clear CSF transferred to
new similarly labeled tubes, then frozen.
-Store samples at -80 until they can be shipped.
2) Complete Baylor Neuropharmacology request form. Include
test required, sample date, date of birth, current medications
and relevant history.
3) Label tubes with patient name and ID number, leaving the tube
4) Place samples inside a specimen transport bag and the Baylor
request forms inside the pouch of the transport bag.
5) Ship samples frozen on dry ice.
Specimens other than
Anticoagulants other than
Use Baylor collection kit (MML Supply T612)
Warm reject; Cold reject