|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
1. Baylor collection kit (MML Supply T612) required.
Each collection kit contains 5 microcentrifuge tubes in a cardboard holder. Tube #3 contains antioxidants necessary to protect the same integrity. One set of tubes is required per patient.
1) CSF should be collected from the first drop into the tubes in the numbered order. Fill each tube to the marked line with the required volumes.
Tube 1: 0.5 mL
Tube 2: 0.5 mL
Tube 3: 1.0 mL (contains antioxidants necessary to protect
the sample integrity)
Tube 4: 1.0 mL
Tube 5: 0.5 mL
- If samples not blood contaminated should be placed on dry ice at bedside
- If samples are blood contaminated, the tubes should immediately be centrifuged (prior to freezing) and the clear CSF transferred to new similarly labeled tubes, then frozen.
-Store samples at -80 until they can be shipped.
2) Complete Baylor Neuropharmacology request form. Include test required, sample date, date of birth, current medications and relevant history.
3) Label tubes with patient name and ID number, leaving the tube number viewable.
4) Place samples inside a specimen transport bag and the Baylor request forms inside the pouch of the transport bag.
5) Ship samples frozen on dry ice.
Specimens other than
Anticoagulants other than
Use Baylor collection kit (MML Supply T612)
Warm reject; Cold reject