|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Results will be reviewed and lysophosphatidylcholines will be performed at consultant discretion at an additional charge.
Supplies: Card-Blood Spot Collection (Filter Paper) (T493)
Preferred: Card-Blood Spot Collection (Filter Paper) (T493)
Acceptable: Ahlstrom 226 filter paper, Munktell filter paper, Whatman Protein Saver 903 paper, or blood collected in tubes containing ACD, EDTA, or heparin and dried on filter paper.
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. Completely fill at least 2 circles on the filter paper card (approximately 100 microliters blood per circle).
2. Let blood dry on the filter paper at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
3. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
4. Do not stack wet specimens.
5. Keep specimen dry.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. Biochemical Genetics Patient Information (T602) in Special Instructions.
Blood spot specimen that shows serum rings, insufficient specimen
|Whole blood||Refrigerated (preferred)||56 days|