|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Results will be reviewed and lysophosphatidylcholines will be performed at consultant discretion at an additional charge.
Preferred: Whatman Protein Saver 903 Paper
Acceptable: Ahlstrom 226 filter paper, Munktell and Blood Spot Collection Card (T493)
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. An alternative blood collection option for a patient >1 year of age is fingerstick.
2. Let blood dry on the filter paper at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
3. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
4. Do not stack wet specimens.
5. Keep specimen dry.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Neurology Test Request Form-General (T732) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/neurology-request-form.pdf)
3. Biochemical Genetics Patient Information (T602) in Special Instructions.
|Whole blood||Refrigerated (preferred)||56 days|