|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
See UGT1A1 Test-Ordering Algorithm in Special Instructions.
Multiple whole blood EDTA genotype tests can be performed on a single specimen after a single extraction. See Multiple Whole Blood EDTA Genotype Tests in Special Instructions for a list of tests that can be ordered together.
Adults: Lavender top (EDTA)
Pediatrics: Purple microtube
Adults: 3 mL
Pediatrics: 1 mL
1. Send specimen in original tube.
2. If submitting microtube, place inside a larger tube or vial for transport.
1. UGT1A1 Gene Testing for Hyperbilirubinemia Patient Information Sheet (T664) is required. See Special Instructions.
2. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
3. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send an Oncology Test Request Form (T729) with the specimen
|Whole Blood EDTA||Ambient (preferred)|