|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
See Fabry Disease Testing Algorithm in Special Instructions.
Provide a reason for referral with each specimen.
Supplies: Card-Blood Spot Collection (Filter Paper) (T493)
Preferred: Card-Blood Spot Collection (Filter Paper) (T493)
Acceptable: Ahlstrom 226 filter paper and Whatman Protein Saver 903 Paper
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. Do not use device or capillary tube containing EDTA to collect specimen.
2. An alternative blood collection option for a patient >1 year of age is fingerstick.
3. Let blood dry on the filter paper at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
4. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
5. Do not stack wet specimens.
6. Keep specimen dry.
Additional Information: For collection instructions in Spanish, see Blood Spot Collection Card-Spanish Instructions (T777) in Special Instructions.
New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
Blood spot specimen that shows serum rings or has multiple layers
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)||90 days|