|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Mayo metal-free specimen vial (blue label) (Supply T173)
Acceptable: Paraffin block is also acceptable if not more than 1 or 2 cuts have been made to it for slides.
Specimen Volume: 2 mg
1. 2 mg of tissue from a skin-punch biopsy is required, at least 2 mm in diameter and 2 mm in depth.
2. Any specimen vial other than a Mayo metal-free vial used should be plastic, leached with 10% nitric acid for 2 days, rinsed with redistilled water, and dried in clean air.
3. See Trace Metals Analysis Specimen Collection and Transport in Special Instructions for complete instructions.
1. This test is useful for evaluation of dermal tissue. No other tissue types have been validated. The reference range applies only to dermal tissue. Fresh, refrigerated, or frozen tissue is preferred.
2. If tissue is other than dermal tissue, see MSCM / Miscellaneous Metals Testing.
3. See Cautions for paraffin block information.
4. Paraffin blocks will be returned 3 days after analysis.
|Dermal Tissue||Refrigerated (preferred)||14 days|