|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Container/Tube: Local newborn screening card
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. Do not use device or capillary tube containing EDTA or ACD to collect specimen.
2. At least 1 spot should be complete, unpunched.
3. An alternative blood collection option for patients >1 year of age is fingerstick. Include type of feeding information on the collection card.
4. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
5. Do not stack wet specimens.
6. Keep specimen dry.
7. If collection of a new specimen is necessary, let blood dry on the Blood Spot Collection Card (T493) at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
Forms: New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)|