|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue block containing invasive or metastatic breast carcinoma
Acceptable: 2 unstained sections, containing invasive or metastatic breast carcinoma, on charged slides cut at 4 microns <1 month ago. Tissue on the slides should have been fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin.
Container/Tube: Pathology Packaging Kit (Supply T554)
1. Submit paraffin-embedded invasive or metastatic breast carcinoma tissue.
2. Include accompanying pathology report stating the final diagnosis. If not available, a preliminary diagnosis is acceptable only if it refers to invasive or metastatic breast carcinoma.
3. Attach the green pathology address label included in the kit to the outside of the transport container.
1. Pathologist's name, address, and phone number are required.
2. Paraffin block will be returned with the final report.
3. Ki-67 immunohistochemistry testing on intracystic papillary carcinoma and solid papillary carcinoma, without clearly stating invasive carcinoma, is not appropriate and will be canceled without processing.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send 1 of the following forms with the specimen:
Pathology Test Request Form (T246) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/pathology-request-form.pdf)
Oncology Test Request Form (T729) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/oncology-request-form.pdf)