Ki-67(MIB-1), Quantitative Immunohistochemistry, Automated
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
If being ordered for diagnostic purposes:
Order 5439 Surgical Pathology Consultation and then request the stain.
If being ordered for prognostic purposes:
Preferred: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue block containing invasive or metastatic breast or prostate carcinoma
Acceptable: 2 unstained sections, containing invasive or metastatic breast or prostate carcinoma, on charged slides cut at 4 microns <1 month ago and shipped at ambient temperature. Tissue on the slides should have been fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin.
Container/Tube: Surgical Pathology Packaging Kit (Supply T554)
1. Submit paraffin-embedded invasive or metastatic breast or prostate carcinoma tissue.
2. Include accompanying pathology report stating the final diagnosis. If not available, a preliminary diagnosis is acceptable only if it refers to invasive or metastatic breast or prostate carcinoma.
3. Attach the green pathology address label included in the kit to the outside of the transport container.
1. Pathologist's name, address, and phone number are required.
2. Paraffin block will be returned with final report.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, submit a Pathology/Cytology Request Form (Supply T246) with the specimen.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.