|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Serum gel
Acceptable: Red top
Submission Container/Tube: Plastic vial
Specimen Volume: 1 mL
2. Avoid hemolysis
3. Label specimens with corresponding draw times.
4. Serum-gel tubes should be centrifuged within 2 hours of collection.
5. Red-top tubes should be centrifuged and aliquoted within 2 hours of collection.
1. If multiple specimens are drawn, send separate order for each specimen.
2. 12 Hours before this blood test do not take multivitamins or dietary supplements containing biotin or vitamin B7, which are commonly found in hair, skin, and nail supplements and multivitamins.
If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a General Request Form (T239) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/general-request-form.pdf).
Mild reject; Gross reject
Mild OK; Gross OK
|Serum||Frozen (preferred)||180 days|