|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Sources: Bladder, kidney, prostatic, renal, or urinary
Container/Tube: Stone Analysis Collection Kit (Supply T550)
Specimen Volume: Entire dried calculi specimen
1. Prepare specimen per Kidney Stone Analysis Patient Collection Instructions in Special Instructions.
2. Transport specimen per Kidney Stone Analysis Packaging Instructions in Special Instructions.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Specimen must be sent clean and dry.
3. Do not place stone directly in a bag. If specimen is received in a bag, either transfer stone into a screw-capped, plastic container or place bag containing stone in a screw-capped, plastic container.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a General Request Form (T239) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/general-request-form.pdf).
Embedded in tissue, sent with collection devices, sent in fluid-filled containers, or sent with significant non-stone debris