|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Supplies: Stone Analysis Collection Kit (T550)
Sources: Bladder, kidney, prostatic, renal, or urinary
Specimen Volume: Entire dried calculi specimen
1. Prepare specimen per Patient Collection Instructions for Kidney Stones in Special Instructions.
2. Transport specimen per Kidney Stone Packaging Instructions in Special Instructions.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Specimen must be sent clean and dry.
3. Do not place stone directly in a bag. If specimen is received in a bag, either transfer stone into a screw-capped, plastic container or place bag containing stone in a screw-capped, plastic container.
If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a General Request Form (T239) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/general-request-form.pdf).
Embedded in tissue, sent with collection devices, sent in fluid-filled containers, or sent with significant non-stone debris