|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Container/Tube: SARSTEDT Salivette (Supply T514)
Specimen Volume: 1.5 mL
1. Do not brush teeth before collecting specimen.
2. Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes prior to specimen collection.
3. Collect specimen between 11 p.m. and midnight, and record collection time.
4. To use the Salivette:
a. Remove top cap of container to expose swab.
b. Place swab directly into mouth by tipping container so swab falls into mouth. Do not touch swab with fingers.
c. Keep swab in mouth for approximately 2 minutes. Roll swab in mouth, do not chew swab.
d. Place swab back into its container without touching, and replace the cap.
5. Record collection time, and send appropriately labeled Salivette to laboratory.
1. Reference values are also available for 8 a.m. (7 a.m.-9 a.m.) and 4 p.m. (3 p.m.-5 p.m.) collections, however, 11 p.m. to midnight collection is preferred.
2. Indicate collection time.
3. If multiple specimens are collected, submit each vial under a separate order.
|Saliva||Refrigerated (preferred)||7 days|