|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
This is a consultative evaluation in which the case will be evaluated at Mayo Medical Laboratories, the appropriate tests performed at an additional charge, and the results interpreted.
Specimen must arrive within 72 hours of draw.
Container/Tube: Lavender top (EDTA) and yellow top (ACD [Solution B])
EDTA: Two 4-mL tubes
ACD: One 6-mL tube
Collection Instructions: Do not transfer blood to other containers.
1. Patient's age and sex are required.
2. Include recent transfusion information.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. Thalassemia/Hemoglobinopathy Patient Information (T358) is available in Special Instructions.
3. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Benign Hematology Test Request Form (T755) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/benign-hematology-test-request-form.pdf)
Mild OK; Gross reject
|Whole Blood ACD-B||Refrigerated||72 hours|
|Whole Blood EDTA||Refrigerated||72 hours|