|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Container/Tube: Plastic, 5-mL tube (Supply T465)
Specimen Volume: 5 mL
1. Collect a 2-hour urine specimen.
2. The patient should have nothing by mouth except water between the hours of 6 p.m. and 10 a.m.
3. The bladder should be completely emptied at 8 a.m. This urine is discarded.
4. An adequate urine specimen (>100 mL) is ensured if the patient drinks 3 or more 8-ounce glasses of water. Half of this amount should be ingested between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. The second half should be ingested at 8:30 a.m.
5. Collect all urine after 8 a.m. in container supplied.
6. The collection ends at 10 a.m. Include the 10 a.m. void in the collection container.
7. Measure and record the 2-hour volume.
8. Overlay urine with toluene (5 mL), and send aliquot. If no toluene is available, refrigerate specimen during collection, and send the aliquot specimen frozen.
9. Record the date and time (the exact start and completion times of the 2-hour collection) on the container label.
Additional Information: For any timed collection the volume and length of collection is required.
|Urine||Refrigerated (preferred)||7 days|