|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Patient must be >24 hours and <1 week of age. A repeat specimen is required within 1 week of birth for infants <24 hours old.
Preferred: Local Newborn Screening Card
Acceptable: Whatman Protein Saver 903 Paper and Ahlstrom 226 filter paper
Specimen Volume: 3 Blood spots
1. Do not use device or capillary tube containing EDTA to collect specimen.
2. At least 1 spot should be complete, ie, unpunched.
3. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
4. Do not stack wet specimens.
5. Keep specimen dry.
6. If collection of a new specimen is necessary, let blood dry on the Blood Spot Collection Card (T493) at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
Additional Information: Patient education brochures in English (T523) and Spanish (T535) are available upon request.
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)|