|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
See Informative Markers for Supplemental Newborn Screening at Mayo Clinic in Special Instructions.
The following algorithms are available in Special Instructions:
-Newborn Screening Follow-up for Elevations of C8, C6, and C10 Acylcarnitines (also applies to any plasma C8, C6, and C10 acylcarnitine elevations)
-Newborn Screening Follow-up for Isolated C4 Acylcarnitine Elevations (also applies to any plasma C4 acylcarnitine elevation)
-Newborn Screening Follow-up for Isolated C5 Acylcarnitine Elevations (also applies to any plasma C5 acylcarnitine elevation)
A repeat specimen is required within 1 week of birth for infants tested before they are 24 hours old.
Patient must be >24 hours and <1 week of age.
Supplies: Card-Blood Spot Collection Filter Paper (T493)
Preferred: Blood Spot Collection Card (T493)
Acceptable: Whatman Protein Saver 903 Paper, Ahlstrom 226 filter paper,
Specimen Volume: 3 Blood spots
1. Do not use device or capillary tube containing EDTA to collect specimen.
2. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
3. Do not stack wet specimens.
4. Keep specimen dry.
5. If collection of a new specimen is necessary, let blood dry on the Blood Spot Collection Card (T493) at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 hours.
1. For collection instructions in Spanish, see Blood Spot Collection Card-Spanish Instructions (T777) in Special Instructions.
2. Patient education brochures in English (T523) and Spanish (T535) are available upon request.
Blood spot specimen that shows serum rings or has multiple layers
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)|