|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen Type: Organism in pure culture
Preferred: Sabouraud dextrose agar slant
Acceptable: Inhibitory mold agar slant
Specimen Volume: Isolated mold or yeast
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance, if appropriate.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Isolate description is required: Gram stain reaction, morphology, tests performed
3. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).