|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Bile and blood spots are required.
Container/Tube: Postmortem Screening Card (T525)
Specimen Volume: Properly completed screening card
1. Collect blood in a heparin-containing tube and drop 25 mcL of blood onto each circle on 1 end of the special card.
2. Collect bile by direct puncture of the gallbladder and drop 25 mcL of bile onto each circle on the opposite end of the card.
3. Allow to dry at ambient temperature in a horizontal position for 3 or more hours.
4. Fill out information on page 2 of collection card.
5. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
6. Do not stack wet specimens.
7. Keep specimen dry.
1. Request the original newborn screening card from the state laboratory where the decedent was born.
2. See Request for Original Newborn Screening Card in Special Instructions.
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)|