Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) Confirmation, Urine
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
Container/Tube: Plastic, 60-mL urine bottle
Specimen Volume: 20 mL
1. Collect a random urine specimen.
2. No preservative.
1. No specimen substitutions.
2. No STATS are accepted for this procedure.
3. For situations where chain of custody is required, a Chain-of-Custody Kit (Supply T282) is available. For chain-of-custody information, see LSDX / Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) Confirmation, Chain of Custody, Urine.
4. Additional drug panels and specific requests are available. Call Mayo Medical Laboratories at 800-533-1710 or 507-266-5700.
5. If urine creatinine is required or adulteration of the sample is suspected, the following test should be requested, ADULT / Adulterants Survey, Urine. For additional information, please refer to ADULT / Adulterants Survey, Urine.
6. Submitting less than 20 mL will compromise our ability to perform all necessary testing.
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
|Urine||Refrigerated (preferred)||14 days|