Prothrombin G20210A Mutation, Blood
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
Preferred: Yellow top (ACD solution B)
Acceptable: EDTA or sodium citrate
Specimen Volume: Full tube
1. Invert several times to mix blood.
2. Send specimen in original tube.
Additional Information: Can be combined with other molecular coagulation tests:
-MTHAC / 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase A1298C, Mutation, Blood
-F5DNA / Factor V Leiden (R506Q) Mutation, Blood
-MTHFR / 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase C677T, Mutation, Blood
-MTHP / 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase C677T and A1298C Mutations, Blood
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (Supply T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. Coagulation Patient Information Sheet (T675) in Special Instructions
3. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Coagulation Test Request Form (T753) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/coagulation-test-request-form.pdf)
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
1 mL in a 3-mL ACD tube
Mild OK; Gross OK
Mild OK; Gross OK
Green-top (heparin) tube or extracted DNA
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)||7 days|