|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
See Helicobacter pylori Diagnostic Algorithm in Special Instructions
An alternative test for the diagnosis of active Helicobacter pylori infection in patients is the HPSA / Helicobacter pylori Antigen, Feces, which requires a different collection.
For patients between 3 and 17 years old, complete the Pediatric UHR Calculation Information card: http://www.breathtek.com/assets/web/pdf/pediatric-card.pdf
1. Fasting 1 hour.
2. Patients should not have taken bismuth/Tritec, antibiotics, proton-pump inhibitors (eg, Prilosec, Prevacid, Aciphex, Protonix, and Nexium) or Pepto-Bismol for 2 weeks prior to testing. If these instructions are not followed, test results may be inaccurate.
3. Histamine 2-receptor antagonists (HRAs) such as Pepcid, Tagamet, Axid, or Zantac should be discontinued for 24 to 48 hours before the BreathTek UBT test is administered. If these instructions are not followed, test results may be inaccurate.
4. Carafate (sucralfate) does not interfere with the test. Use of antacids does not affect the accuracy of this assay.
Supplies: H. Pylori Breath Kit (T375: fees apply)
1. Do not collect if patient is <3 years old.
2. Follow instructions included with kit.
If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).