Newborn Aneuploidy Detection, FISH
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
WB Sodium Heparin
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
Provide a reason for referral with each specimen. The laboratory will not reject testing if this information is not provided, but appropriate testing and interpretation may be compromised or delayed.
Container/Tube: Green top (sodium heparin)
Specimen Volume: 5 mL
1. Invert several times to mix blood.
2. Other anticoagulants are not recommended and are harmful to the viability of the cells.
3. Advise Express Mail or equivalent if not on courier service.
4. Cord blood is acceptable.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (Supply T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. If not ordering electronically, submit a Cytogenetics/AFP Congenital Disorders Request Form (Supply T238) with the specimen.
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.
|WB Sodium Heparin||Ambient (preferred)|