|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Red top
Acceptable: Serum gel
Specimen Volume: 1 mL
1. Do not draw specimen after amniocentesis, as this could affect results.
2. Immediately spin down.
1. For an assessment that includes neural tube defect results, gestational age must be between 15 weeks, 0 days and 22 weeks, 6 days.
2. Assessments for Down syndrome and Trisomy 18 only are available between 14 weeks, 0 days and 22 weeks, 6 days.
3. Initial or repeat testing is determined in the laboratory at the time of report and will be reported accordingly. To be considered a repeat test for the patient, the testing must be within the same pregnancy and trimester, with interpretable results for the same tests, and both tests are performed at Mayo Clinic.
4. Patient education brochures in English (Supply T522) and Spanish (Supply T534) are available upon request.
1. Second Trimester Maternal Screening Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP)/QUAD Screen Patient Information Sheet (Supply T595) is required in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a General Request Form (T239) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/general-request-form.pdf).
Mild OK; Gross reject
Mild OK; Gross OK
|Serum||Refrigerated (preferred)||7 days|