|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Container/Tube: Agar slant
Specimen Volume: Isolates on separate agar slants in pure culture
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
3. Place all pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) specimens (all patients and/or sites to be compared) together in a large bag, and send in the same shipping container. This is necessary for comparison of isolates by this method.
1. Specimen source and organism identification are required for processing.
2. Each slant must be submitted under a separate order.
3. Original isolates should be saved at the client site if additional PFGE testing may be needed.
4. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.