|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
The following algorithms are available in Special Instructions:
-Porphyria (Acute) Testing Algorithm
-Porphyria (Cutaneous) Testing Algorithm
All porphyrin tests on erythrocytes can be performed on 1 draw tube.
Container/Tube: Green top (heparin)
Specimen Volume: Full tube
1. Patient should abstain from alcohol for 24 hours.
2. Immediately place specimen on wet ice.
1. Include a list of medications the patient is currently taking.
2. This test is most appropriately used for pediatric patients.
3. Due to the high frequency of incorrect test orders, all UPGC test requests are confirmed by a genetic counselor as appropriate prior to the test being run. A letter is faxed to the ordering physician with options for alternative testing. If a response is not received from the physician within 1 week, the test will be canceled and the specimen will be held for 1 month.
Forms: New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
Mild reject; Gross reject
Ambient or frozen whole blood
|WB Heparin||Refrigerated||7 days|