|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen Type: Organism in pure culture
Container/Tube: Middlebrook (7H10 or 7H11) or Lowenstein-Jensen medium slant or in broth (eg, Mycobacteria Growth Indicator Tube [7H9] broth)
Specimen Volume: Isolate
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Isolate description is required: Gram stain reaction, morphology, tests performed.
3. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).