|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
When this test is ordered, the reflex test may be performed and charged. All mycobacteria and Nocardia (including aerobic actinomycetes) submitted will be identified and billed as appropriate.
See Culture Referred for Identification Mycobacterium Algorithm in Special Instructions.
Specimen Type: Organism in pure culture
Container/Tube: Middlebrook (7H10 or 7H11) or Lowenstein-Jensen medium slant or in broth (eg, Mycobacteria Growth Indicator Tube [7H9] broth)
Specimen Volume: Isolate
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Specimen source is required.
2. Isolate description is required: Gram stain reaction, morphology, tests performed.
3. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).