|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
A preliminary pathology report and brief history are required for all Pathology Consultations.
Specimen Type: Tissue
Container/Tube: Pathology Packaging Kit (Supply T554)
Collection Instructions: Submit hematoxylin and eosin (H and E) and all special stains performed on the case. Include unstained slides and/or a formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue block if it is anticipated that additional stains or ancillary testing may be necessary. Unstained slides for immunohistochemistry should be charged, if possible, as not all immunohistochemical stains can be performed on uncharged slides. If electron microscopy (EM) has been performed, include EM images (either on a CD or as prints).
Specimens needed to provide a complete Hematopathology consultation:
1. Recent peripheral blood smear with CBC report
2. Bone marrow biopsy/clot (block and stained slides)
3. Bone marrow aspirate (stained and unstained slides, and liquid)
4. All pending and final reports for ancillary testing on above specimens
1. A brief explanatory note or consultative letter is also recommended.
2. Attach the green "Attention Pathology" address label included in the kit to the outside of the transport container.
1. Hematopathology Patient Information Sheet (Supply T676) in Special Instructions
2. Pathology/Cytology Information Sheet in Special Instructions
3. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send 1 of the following forms with the specimen:
Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/hematopathology-request-form.pdf)
Oncology Test Request Form (T729) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/oncology-request-form.pdf)
Pathology Test Request Form (T246) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/pathology-request-form.pdf)
Note: No specimen should be rejected. If specimen not received at appropriate temperature or in wrong anticoagulant, include note to laboratory. If questions, contact laboratory.