|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Preferred: Whatman Protein Saver 903
Acceptable: Ahlstrom 226 filter paper, Munktell filter paper, and dried blood spots from Blood Spot Collection Card (T493) or Postmortem Screening Card (Supply T525).
Specimen Volume: 2 blood spots
1. Let blood dry on filter paper at room temperature in a horizontal position for 3 or more hours.
2. At least 1 spot should be complete, ie, unpunched.
3. Do not expose specimen to heat or direct sunlight.
4. Do not stack wet specimens.
5. Keep specimen dry.
Additional Information: Blood dried on filter paper containing heparin or EDTA is acceptable.
1. New York Clients-Informed consent is required. Please document on the request form or electronic order that a copy is on file. An Informed Consent for Genetic Testing (T576) is available in Special Instructions.
2. Biochemical Genetics Patient Information (T602) in Special Instructions.
|Whole blood||Ambient (preferred)||96 days|