|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
The high sensitivity of amplification by PCR requires the specimen to be processed in an environment in which contamination of the specimen by Klebsiella pneumoniae (KPC) or New Dehli metallo-beta-lactamase (NDM) DNA is unlikely.
Collection Container/Tube: Slant
Specimen Volume: Isolate
1. Isolate infecting bacteria.
2. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing. Do not submit mixed cultures.
3. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Organism identification and specimen source are required.
2. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions for shipping information.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).
Agar Plate, mixed cultures