|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
This test is used for specimens that are not FDA approved for this assay. Acceptable non-FDA-approved specimen types are ocular, oral, anal or rectal swabs, and peritoneal fluid.
Specimen source is required.
Submit only 1 of the following specimens:
Swab specimen must be collected using an APTIMA Collection Unisex Swab (Supply T583) or APTIMA Collection Vaginal Swab (Supply T584). These swabs are contained in the APTIMA Collection Kit.
Specimen Type: Oral/throat or ocular (corneal/conjunctiva) or rectal/anal
Container/Tube: APTIMA Swab Collection System (Supply T583)
Specimen Volume: Swab
1. Swab site using APTIMA Collection Unisex Swab.
Note: The white swab provided within the collection kit is a cleaning swab and should not be used for collection. Discard the white cleaning swab.
2. Place swab in transport tube provided in collection kit. Snap off swab at score line so swab fits into closed tube.
3. Cap tube securely, and label tube with patient's entire name, and date and time of collection.
4. Transport swab container to laboratory and store (refrigerated is preferred) within 60 days of collection.
Specimen Type: Peritoneal fluid (pelvic wash, cul-de-sac fluid)
Container/Tube: APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube (Supply T652)
Specimen Volume: 1 mL
1. Transfer 1 mL of specimen into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube (Supply T652) within 24 hours of collection.
2. Cap tube securely, and label tube with patient's entire name, and date and time of collection.
3. Transport APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube to laboratory (refrigerated is preferred) within 30 days of collection.
Sources other than those listed above.