|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Cases that are equivocal (2+) by immunohistochemical stain will reflex to HER2 FISH at an additional charge.
If being ordered for diagnostic purposes, you must order 70012 / Pathology Consultation and then request the stain.
If being ordered for prognostic purposes:
Preferred: Paraffin-embedded tissue block containing invasive gastric or esophageal adenocarcinoma tissue that has been fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin shipped at ambient temperature
Acceptable: 5 unstained sections, containing gastric or esophageal adenocarcinoma, on charged slides cut at 4 microns <1 month ago and shipped at ambient temperature. Tissue on the slides should be fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin.
Container/Tube: Pathology Packaging Kit (T554)
1. Submit paraffin-embedded gastric or esophageal adenocarcinoma tissue.
2. Include accompanying pathology report stating the final diagnosis. If not available, a preliminary diagnosis is acceptable only if it refers to invasive or metastatic gastric or esophageal adenocarcinoma.
3. Attach the green pathology address label included in the kit to the outside of the transport container.
1. Only paraffin-embedded (FFPE) gastric or esophageal adenocarcinoma specimens will be accepted. Fixation in 10% neutral buffered formalin is preferred. For breast cancer specimens, order 81504 / HER2, Breast, Quantitative Immunohistochemistry, Automated.
2. The performance and quality of immunohistochemical stains in 10% neutral buffered FFPE tissue depends on proper fixation. It is recommended (not required) for surgical specimens to be fixed between 18 and 24 hours and biopsy specimens between 6 and 8 hours.
3. Paraffin blocks will be returned with final report.
1. Pathology/Cytology Information (T707) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Pathology Test Request Form (T246) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/pathology-request-form.pdf).