|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
The following algorithms are available in Special Instructions:
-Laboratory Approach to the Diagnosis of Amyloidosis
-Laboratory Screening Tests for Suspected Multiple Myeloma
Container/Tube: Plastic, 5-mL tube (Supply T465) and plastic, 60-mL urine bottle
Specimen Volume: 50 mL
1. Collect a random urine specimen.
2. No preservative.
3. Aliquot specimen between 1 plastic, 60-mL urine bottle and 1 plastic, 5-mL tube (Supply T465).
4. Label specimens appropriately (60-mL urine bottle for protein electrophoresis and immunofixation and 5-mL tube for protein, total).
1. Random urine, no volume is required.
2. If a serum specimen on the same patient will also be submitted, order MPSS / Monoclonal Protein Study, Serum under a separate order number.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726)
|Urine||Refrigerated (preferred)||14 days|