|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen Volume: 2 slides-10 microL of liquefied semen on each slide
1. Patient should have 2 to 7 days of sexual abstinence at the time of semen collection for accurate results.
2. If sperm concentration is <10 million/mL, centrifuge the specimen at 300 x G for 10 minutes before making slides.
3. Label 2 frosted slides in pencil with the patient's first and last name and the date of specimen collection.
4. Allow the semen to liquefy for 30 minutes.
5. Place 10 microL of liquefied semen on the label end of each slide, and evenly smear the specimen using a plain slide (this process is the same as making a blood smear).
6. Allow the smears to air dry for 15 minutes before placing the slides into a slide holder for shipment.
Additional Information: Sperm concentration/mL is required (million/mL).