|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
When this test is ordered, the reflex test will be performed and charged.
Specimen Type: Organism
Container/Tube: Middlebrook 7H10 agar slant or other appropriate media
Specimen Volume: Isolate
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Specimen source and organism identification are required.
2. CTB / Mycobacterial Culture or CTBID / Culture, Referred for Identification, Mycobacterium must also be ordered and will be charged separately unless identification of organism is provided.
3. For Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, see MTBV2 / Antimicrobial Susceptibility, Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex, Broth Method.
4. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Test Request Form (T244) with the specimen (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/microbiology_test_request_form.pdf).