|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen Type: Organism
Container/Tube: Middlebrook 7H10 agar slant or other appropriate media
Specimen Volume: Isolate
1. Organism must be in pure culture, actively growing.
2. Place specimen in a large infectious container (Supply T146) and label as an etiologic agent/infectious substance.
1. Specimen source and organism identification are required.
2. CTB / Mycobacterial Culture or CTBID / Culture, Referred for Identification, Mycobacterium must also be ordered and will be charged separately unless identification of organism is provided.
3. For Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, see MTBV2 / Antimicrobial Susceptibility, Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex, Broth Method.
4. See Infectious Specimen Shipping Guidelines in Special Instructions.
Forms: If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Microbiology Request Form (T244) (www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/microbiology-request-form.pdf).