|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
When this test is ordered, biliary tract malignancy testing by FISH will be performed.
Specimen Type: Bile duct brushing, bile duct aspirate, hepatobiliary brushing, or hepatobiliary aspirate
Container/Tube: Separate ThinPrep vial containing 20 mL PreservCyt or CytoLyt solution (Supply T536) for each specimen
Specimen Volume: Entire collection
1. If performing local cytology before processing specimen, aliquot half of the specimen into another ThinPrep vial.
2. Retain 1 aliquot for local cytology and submit the second aliquot for analysis at Mayo Medical Laboratories.
3. Submission of the residual specimen (after processing for cytology) may compromise the sensitivity of the test.
1. Pathology/Cytology Information (T707) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print and send 1 of the following forms with the specimen:
Pathology Test Request Form (T246) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/pathology-request-form.pdf)
Oncology Test Request Form (T729) (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/oncology-request-form.pdf)
Cyst, fine-needle aspiration (FNA), or pancreatic mass